Company Registered Address: 80 Friar Gate Derby DE1 1FL Company Registered in England and Wales No: 09582633
Basic Course Information Course: Fire warden training for key
staff and managers
Instructor: Gary Broadhurst
Attendees: Senior staff and managers
Location: Premises training room or lounge (classroom based)
Length of course: 2 - 2.5 hours as instructed by the manager.
Course Objectives : The purpose of this course is to ensure fire wardens have the knowledge of all the other staff and understand the roles and responsibilities of a fire warden including; taking charge of an emergency situation and detailing other staff what to do.
This includes knowledge of company policies relative to fire safety within the premises, correct procedures to follow if an evacuation is required, how and when to silence the fire alarm, how to detail staff instructions from the fire panel, how and when to record all incidents.
After you have attended this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the responsibilities for all staff related to fire safety
• Know the specific company policies related to fire safety understand the meaning of making your work area safe
• Know the locations of the assembly points for staff and visitors
• Know how to search fire zones safely
• Understand flashover and backdraft
• Know the main elements of a fire door
• Know how to open a fire door safely if a fire is suspected
• Know how to search fire zones methodically
• Understand the importance of the triangle of fire
• Know what to do if you discover a fire including the need to rescue persons if possible
and safe to do so
• Know how and when to use firefighting equipment provided on site
• Understand the evacuation procedures and how they are applied
• Know how to contact the emergency services
• Understand the meaning of “Means of Escape” and how to carry out daily recorded checks
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of a fire warden
• Look at the fire panel to understand how to silence and reset
• Know how to understand the fire zone plans and detail staff at the fire panel to search fire zones
• Carry out several scenarios at the fire panel for several fire wardens to practice detailing staff
• Understand the worst zones to evacuate in the property, and run through a verbal scenario to
• Q & A
Feedback It is my goal to make this an excellent course and a stimulating and enjoyable experience for all of us. If at any time you feel that the course is not meeting your expectations, or you want to ask questions please do so at any time. If you would like to provide anonymous comments, please contact your manager who will in turn report the feedback to me .
Further information about the course content can be found within your fire risk assessment or with the course notes obtained by your manager.
Fire Wardens play a key part of the safety of all who are inside your premises and if an emergency arises in your place of work, you will need to respond in a professional and calm manner ensuring you take charge and look after the safety of yourself and others.
Certification - all attendees receive an individual electronic version certificate of attendance.
Please click here for the Lesson Plan and Learning Outcome guideline.