Company Registered Address: 80 Friar Gate Derby DE1 1FL Company Registered in England and Wales No: 09582633
Instructor: Gary Broadhurst
Attendees: All staff including part time, full time and any volunteers
Location: Premises training room or lounge (classroom based)
Length of course: 1.5 hours as instructed by the manager.
Course Objectives: The purpose of this course is to ensure all staff know what action to take if they hear the fire alarm actuate, or if they discover a fire.
This includes knowledge of company policies relative to fire safety within the premises, correct procedures to follow if an evacuation is required, and general staff roles and responsibilities related to fire safety matters.
After you have attended this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the responsibilities for staff related to fire safety
• Know the specific company policies related to fire safety understand the meaning of
making your work area safe
• Know the locations of the assembly points for staff and visitors
• Know how to search fire zones safely
• Understand flashover and backdraft
• Know the main elements of a fire door
• Know how to open a fire door safely if a fire is suspected
• Know how to search fire zones methodically
• Understand the importance of the triangle of fire
• Know what to do if you discover a fire including the need to rescue persons if possible and
if safe to do so
• Know how and when to use firefighting equipment provided on site
• Understand the evacuation procedures and how they are applied
• Know how to contact the emergency services
Feedback It is my goal to make this an excellent course, stimulating and an enjoyable experience for all of us. If at any time you feel that the course is not meeting your expectations, or you want to ask questions please do so at any time. If you would like to provide anonymous comments, please contact your manager who will in turn report the feedback to me.
Further information about the course content can be found within your fire risk assessment or with the course notes obtained by your manager.
Fire Awareness Training is the key towards prevention of fire and emergency situations however; if an emergency arises in your place of work, you will need to respond in a professional and calm manner ensuring the safety of yourself and others.
Certification all attendees receive an electronic copy of their individual attendance.
Please click here for the Lesson Plan and Learning Outcome guideline.